February 01, 2010
Chinese lanterns dangerous to livestock

We've released these Chinese lanterns while we were in Hong Kong, but never heard about these problems, which are quite serious. Okay, fair enough, there's no livestock in HK, but I was told that they were biodegradable. In UK, either cows are dying from ingesting the Chinese lanterns, getting into the feeds and coastguards mistakenly thinking the red light was a red distress signals. I've seen these lanterns being sold at an online Irish site, so not sure how many of these were let loose into the wild.

Posted by whykay at February 01, 2010 01:05 PM